Witnessing Danito, a blind surfer going into the waves at Muizenberg, Cape Town is one of the most powerful moments I have experienced. This combined with the enthusiasm from the volunteers and surf coaches from Surf Emporium is inspiring and infectious!
Adaptive Surfing South Africa aims to give disabled people, freedom through surfing. So far they have changed many lives and look forward to the sport growing this year again. The 3rd Adaptive Surfing World Championship was held in La Jolla, San Diego in November and we came home with a silver medal for Antony Smyth! Well done Ant!
INSPIRE BRAVERY and enter the design competition here.
"Believe you can, and you're halfway there!" - Theodore Roosevelt
We aim to empower differently abled people through this design competition. The winning wetsuit design will be available to anyone for manufacture worldwide. Creating awareness around adaptive surfing-increasing the stoke!
If you are a designer seeking a purpose driven project, and you feel you would like to use your creative skills to make a difference, then this is the competition for you. Choose one of the below two disability categories and solve the wetsuit design challenges for the chosen category:
a) Amputee without a prosthetic; amputee with a prosthetic
b) Paraplegic; quadriplegic
See requirements for a successful entry.
- 1st Place: Reef South Africa prize worth R5000 and the wetsuit will be manufactured and given to an adaptive surfer in need!
- 2nd Place : Reef South Africa Prize worth R2500
- 3rd Place: Reef South Africa Prize worth R1000
- Competition commences: 10:00am on 15 January 2018
- Deadline for entries: 10:00am on 15 March 2018
- Winner announced: 26 April 2018
For more information, please click here.