Ready in: 1 hour
- Prep: 25 mins Cook: 35 mins
- Serves: 4
This tasty vegetarian curry combines lentils and mixed beans with fresh spinach, curry spices, yoghurt and tomatoes.
- 200g (7 oz) red lentils
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1/2 (200g) pot low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (2.5cm / 1 in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 100g (4 oz) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 (400g) tin mixed beans, rinsed and drained
1. Rinse lentils and place in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Drain.
2. In a bowl, stir together tomato purée and yoghurt. Season with garam masala, turmeric, cumin and chilli powder. Stir until creamy.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic and ginger; cook until onion begins to brown. Stir in spinach; cook until dark green and wilted. Gradually stir in yoghurt mixture. Then mix in tomatoes and coriander.
4. Stir lentils and mixed beans into mixture until well combined. Heat through, about 5 minutes.
5. Enjoy 🙂