Date: 03/04/2017 - 05/04/2017
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Best suited for:
Surf Emporium Surf School
Roxy Learn to Surf & Surf with Quiksilver Programme
The Roxy Learn 2 Surf and Surf with Quiksilver Programme has been designed by internationally qualified ISA surf coach and 8 x South African champion Roxy Davis. The ever successful programme is in its 14th year of running and offers structured weekly lessons helping you learn to surf or improve your current surfing level! At only R450 per month it includes a once weekly group lesson, equipment hire as well as use of the facilities which have separate men's and ladies change rooms, lockers and hot showers.
What is the Learn 2 Surf Programme:
This programme has been designed by internationally qualified ISA surf coach and 8 x South African champion Roxy Davis. This ever successful programme offers structured weekly lessons helping you learn to surf or improve your current surfing level! This programme is for all beginner or intermediate level surfers.
What is included in the Learn 2 Surf Programme:
- A minimum of four 90 minute group surf lessons per month;
- Average coach to participant ratio 1:5;
- All equipment including surfboard & wetsuit hire;
- Use of surf school facilities including separate male & female change rooms, warm showers & lockers;
- A professional & structured weekly lesson plan
What to expect during your very first beginner lesson:
- You will be learning how to ride your first wave using a foam board or a minimal/long board;
- You will learn how to have either your left foot or right foot forward depending on which feels more comfortable;
- You will learn that when paddling make sure you alternate your strokes and cup your hands;
- You will learn that when getting to your feet, keep your hands close to your body, in line with your chest;
- And so much more!
*The intermediate programme will follow a different schedule based on a different skill level
When is the Learn 2 Surf Programme?
Choose your weekly lesson from the following lesson times on a Saturday or Sunday:
- Adults: 9am
- Children: 9am
- Adults: 2pm
- Children: 2pm
- Adults: 9:30am
- Children: 9:30am
That's Me Surf Photography
- We will have That's Me Surf photography joining us for the photo sessions as per the programme breakdown;
- On days that the photographer is at the beach, we will give participants a photography card with the link to images for that day;
- Participants will then be able to view & purchase their images via a digital download;
- Feel free to view the www.thatsmesurf.co.za website & register in advance.
Sign up your school as a separate group:
We have the following confirmed Learn 2 Surf school groups:
- Cedar House Group: Fridays, 2:30pm
- Sacs Primary School Group: Fridays, 3:30pm
- Sunvalley Primary Group: Tuesdays, 3pm & Fridays, 2pm
- Home School Group: Fridays, 2:30pm
Sign up your school, or your own private group of 5 & get to choose your own day & time for the month*!
*T&Cs apply: All members of private groups must agree on a set day and time for the entire month of the programme. No shows result in that lesson being forfeited. No rescheduling or postponing allowed.
What is the cost of the Learn 2 Surf Programme:
- R450 per month for a minimum of 4 lessons per month; OR
- Save R200 by paying R1600 for all four months in advance; OR
- Pay R450 for the first month, and upgrade to pay for the rest of the programme in advance to benefit from the reduced rate.
- T&Cs Apply: If you are a beginner and would like to join after the programme has already commenced, then a private surf lesson is required before you can join in the group for all health & safety reasons. The programme will still cost R450 thereafter;
- T&Cs Apply: Should you wish to join a single lesson at any point, there is a R200 join-in fee that applies* (*provided you have had a private lesson beforehand).
How is payment made:
- You can EFT using name, surname & month as a payment reference. Please email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can pay using cash, credit card or debit card in store
- You can pay through our online shop with a debit/credit card, Discovery Miles or EFT Pro.
Benefits of signing up for the 4 Month Programme today:
- A minimum of 16 professionally coached surf lessons;
- A R200 discount;
- A goodie bag upon registration;
- A participation certificate upon completion; AND
- A chance of winning a custom surfboard! Winner announced in May 2017.
- *T&Cs apply