Junior Holiday Surf Camp
10 Years and under!
Surf Emporium invites you to join the upcoming Junior School Holiday Surf Camps. Take part in the fun with all-inclusive daily packages, with discounts available for 3 or 5 day camps, for both beginner and intermediate surfers! At an increased 1:2 coach to participant ratio, we'll introduce your groms to the ocean in a safe, controlled & professional environment!
When is Junior Holiday Surf Camp?
11 - 15 December 2023
18 - 22 December 2023
08 - 12 January 2024
25 - 29 March 2024
17 - 21 June 2024
24 - 28 June 2024
01 - 05 July 2024
23 - 27 September 2024
16 - 20 December 2024
23 - 24 December 2024
What is Junior Holiday Surf Camp?
Designed by internationally qualified ISA surf coach and 9 x South African champion and mother, Roxy Davis, this ever successful programme offers structured just less than half day surf camps in the school holidays for both males & females aged 5 to 10 years old. This programme is a great way to get your little groms active during their holidays as well as introduce them to the sea in a safe & professional environment. The Junior Holiday Surf Camps have a higher coach to student ratio, thus the participants will receive more one-on-one interaction.
What is Included in Junior Camp?
- A 90 minute surf lesson
- Average coach to participant ratio 1:2
- A colour coded wrist-band
- All equipment including surfboard, wetsuit & rash-vest
- Use of surf school facilities including separate male & female change rooms, warm showers & lockers
- Snacks & hot chocolate
- Friends, fun & lots of good memories!
What to Expect during Junior Camp?
- Each day the surfing participant will check in at the front desk and receive a specific colour wristband
- 08h00 - 09h00: Registration
- 09h00 - 10h30: Beach warm ups, games & surf lesson
- 10h30 - 11h00: Hot chocolate & snacks
- 11h00: Collection at Surf Emporium
The Ins & Outs
Cost & Payment Information
- 1 Day(s) Surf Camp: R360.00 per participant per day
- 3 Day(s) Surf Camp: R975.00* / or join in fee per day: R360.00
- 5 Day(s) Surf Camp: R1560.00* / or join in fee per day: R360.00
*Reduced rate only applicable if paid upfront
- You can EFT using name + HC as a payment reference. Please email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can pay using cash, credit card or debit card in store before surf camp;
- You can pay through our online shop with a Debit/Credit Card, Discovery Miles or EFT Pro;
What to bring & Important Information
- Swimming costume
- Beach towel
- Padlock for locker
- A completed indemnity from
- *Wetsuit & surfboard if you would like to use your own equipment
*All equipment will be provided if you do not have your own
Why Surf Emporium?
- Surf Emporium is one of the few schools in Cape Town officially accredited to Surfing South Africa which is affiliated with the International Surfing Association. Our Surf School is compliant with the international Health and Safety regulations and we also have all the associated insurance & liability cover required.
- Surf Emporium is a blue & white stripe building on Muizenberg Beach Front/Surfers Corner
- To get directions, please click here
- The Surf Camp will start at 09h00 sharp so please be sure you set aside enough time to find parking, get into the wetsuit, have a drink of water and put on sunblock
- Camp will be heading down to the beach at 09h00 sharp and students will be assigned to their surf coaches and groups at this time