Designed by internationally qualified ISA surf coach and 9 x South African champion Roxy Davis, this ever successful programme offers structured weekly lessons helping you learn to surf or improve your current surfing level! It includes a once weekly group lesson, equipment hire as well as use of the facilities which include separate men's and ladies change rooms, lockers and hot showers.
WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & WHY?
Our Learn 2 Surf programme is for all beginner or intermediate level surfers. Choose your weekly lesson from either Saturday or Sunday morning.
- A minimum of four 90 minute group surf lessons per month
- A professional & structured weekly lesson plan
- Professional coaching
- Average coach to participant ratio 1:5
- 2 Professional photo sessions
- All equipment including surfboard & wetsuit hire
- Use of surf school facilities including separate male & female change rooms, warm showers & lockers
2020 Updated Programme Times
February - May Participants
09:00 for all levels
August - November Participants
09:30 for all levels
If you are a complete beginner, you will be learning how to ride your very first wave using a foam board or a minimal/long board. You will also learn how to wax & carry your equipment and perfect your pop-ups! For our mid-break intermediates, our professionally qualified coaches will assist you in advancing from the foamies in the front to the mid-break where you'll learn how to change direction and kick out safely. Intermediate participants will learn all about acceleration & deceleration and dive into the world of competitive surfing.
What is the Cost?
- R530 per month for a minimum of 4 lessons per month; OR
- Save R220 by paying R1900 for all four months in advance; OR
- Pay R530 for the first month, and upgrade to pay for the rest of the program in advance to benefit from the reduced rate.
Click to make payment through our online shop with a debit/credit card, Discovery Miles or EFT Pro.
T&Cs Apply: If you would like to join after the programme has already commenced, then a private surf lesson is required before you can join in the group. Should you wish to join a single lesson at any point, there is a join-in fee that applies* (*provided you have had a private lesson beforehand).
What to bring & Important information
- Swimming Costume
- Beach Towel
- Padlock for locker
*You are welcome to bring your own wetsuit and/or surfboard if you have your own
**We advise all surf lesson participants to arrive 15 - 20 minutes before the start of your lesson to find parking and get signed in.
- Payment is required at the start of the month
- All participants need to submit a completed indemnity form before the first surf lesson
- All standard surf school terms and conditions apply
Why Choose Surf Emporium?
- Surf Emporium is one of the few schools in South Africa officially accredited to Surfing South Africa which is affiliated with the International Surfing Association. Our Surf School is compliant with the international Health and Safety regulations and we also have all the associated insurance & liability cover required.
- Muizenberg is one of the world's best learn-to-surf beaches. Its sand bottom beach makes for easy access into the warm water thus providing a safe environment for all surfers.
- Surf Emporium is a blue & white stripe building on Muizenberg Beach Front/Surfers Corner
- To get directions, please click here
Benefits of Learn 2 Surf
Learn 2 Surf Photo Sessions
Benefits Of Surfing
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Increased shoulder & back strength
- Increased leg & core strength
- Improved balance & coordination
- A great way to spend time outdoors, enjoying the natural environment
- A magnitude of mental health benefits including being a good outlet for stress and tension
- It is also SUPER FUN!
Learn 2 Surf Documents
Beginner Surf Lesson - 16 Week plan
Mid Break and Intermediate Surf Lesson - 16 Week plan
Learn 2 Surf Terms & Conditions