Moms & Groms Water Awareness Sessions
Spend the morning on the beach with Roxy and Daniel Davis for our new Moms & Groms water-confidence sessions!
What is Moms & "Groms"?
This programme has been designed by internationally qualified ISA surf coach and 8 x South African champion and mother of Daniel, Roxy Davis. This new programme focuses on "groms" aka young surfers, aged 6 months to 6 years old. The session is focused around water awareness & safety, with the goal being to share our knowledge with you, allowing you to feel comfortable and confident when taking your little one into the ocean.
What is included in the Moms & Groms session?
- A 90 minute water confidence session;
- Easy & effective water safety measures that you can use when in the ocean with your child;
- Managing your child in the ocean;
- Getting through the foamie waves easily;
- How to catch a waves together
What to bring to Moms & Groms?
Your regular beach bag including:
- Sun screen;
- Change of clothes;
- A padlock for your locker.
Water & snacks available from the vida e caffe inside Surf Emporium
When is Moms & "Groms"?
Moms & Groms will have 4 water-confidence sessions in 2017. Please see all dates & venues below:
- 3 February - Discovery Store, Seapoint*
- 28 September - Surf Emporium, Muizenberg
- 2 November - Discovery Store, Seapoint*
- 4 December - Surf Emporium, Muizenberg
*Discovery Store in Seapoint: The Point, 76 Regent Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town, 8060
Adventure Clubs Moms & Groms
2017 Adventure Clubs Moms & Groms Session dates:
- 24 January, 10am - Surf Emporium Muizenberg
- 21 February, 10am - Surf Emporium Muizenberg
- 23 October, 10am - Surf Emporium Muizenberg
- 23 November, 10am - Surf Emporium Muizenberg
- If for any reason what so ever your child is hesitant or does not want to participate in certain activities please do not worry, this is absolutely normal;
- Never push your child to do something that they are not comfortable doing;
- Every child, irrespective of age, will participate at their own pace. All children are unique & we embrace that;
- All our surf coaches that will be assisting on the day are professionally ISA or SSA qualified with first aid & years of experience.
What is the cost of Moms & Groms?
The Moms & Groms session is free of charge, provided you have your own equipment i.e. a wetsuit, bodyboard or surfboard.
If you don't have your own equipment, you can hire from us at the following rates:
- Wetsuit - R50.00 each
- Bodyboard - R50.00 each
- Surfboard - R70.00 each
- Wetsuit & Surfboard Combo - R110.00
NOTE: If you are a Surf Emporium member you receive a 50% rental discount
How is payment made:
- You can EFT for your rental(s) using name, surname & MOMS as a payment reference. Please email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can pay using cash, credit card or debit card in store before the Moms & Groms session;
- You can pay for your rentals in advance through our online shop with a debit/credit card, Discovery Miles or EFT Pro;
- Online Shop Rentals (insert link here)
- You can now conveniently complete the online registration/indemnity form via your PC/Laptop/Tablet or Phone;
- It is recommended to pre register in advance to avoid the registration queues in store on day one of surf camp;
- Simply click here