The RAspect sunscreen from The Apothecary is created based on four principles; respect for the planet, respect for your body, respect for the power of the sun, and for nature’s power to protect. Ordinary sun creams are loaded with toxic additives, which do no good for your highly absorbent skin – or the delicate ocean ecosystem.
- 60g tin
- Safe, natural, water resistant
- Handmade in small batches
- Broad spectrum protection
- Deflects damaging UVA and UVB rays
- Safe for the whole family
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Packaged in a reusable tin; no plastic pollutants
What goes into this mineral sunscreen?
- Coconut oil (organic, sourced from Mozambique): Penetrates the skin for deep protection; has a natural SPF of about 8.
- Castor oil: Gives the sunscreen its water-resistant properties. Conditions the skin and locks in moisture. Protects against the drying effects of wind, salt and sun, with a natural SPF of about 6.
- Beeswax(from local Cape beehives): Provides water resistance, protects the skin from the elements. Beeswax has a natural SPF of 15.
- Cocoa (fair traded): Potent antioxidant content boosts your skin’s natural defences. Cocoa also adds the rich colour and delicious scent.
- Zinc oxide:Provides safe broad spectrum sunscreen. It creates a physical barrier that blocks UVA and UVB rays before they can damage your skin.This prevents sunburn and premature ageing.
- Cinnamon oil: Anti-inflammatory, a source of protective antioxidants.
- Vanilla oil: Packed with protective antioxidants and B-vitamins.
- Apply liberally to exposed areas before going out in the sun.
- Reapply after swimming, sweating or towel-drying.
Coconut oil (organic, virgin), castor oil, beeswax (raw, locally sourced), cocoa (fair trade), zinc oxide (18.6% concentration), vanilla & cinnamon essential oil