Wynberg Girls Junior School 2022 Learn 2 Surf Programme – Monthly
The Surf Emporium Learn2Surf programme has been designed by internationally qualified ISA surf coach and
9 x South African champion Roxy Davis. This ever-successful programme is in its 20th year of running and
offers structured weekly lessons helping students learn to surf or improve their current surfing level.
• Cardiovascular Health: by using mostly upper body muscles to do the paddling work and leg muscles to guide the board once you’re up and riding. Since surfing involves some time paddling, it provides an intense upper body and core workout.
• Mental health: physical exercise, especially something as fun as surfing, helps to offset mental negativity;
• Muscle strength: paddling strengthens back and shoulder muscles and builds a strong core due to the balance required once you’re up on the board.
• Self-worth: Surfing is not the easiest sport to learn. It takes time, commitment, and perseverance to progress. But once you commit and overcome this barrier, the rewards are huge. You will not only enjoy all the physical and mental benefits that surfing has to offer, but you’ll also have proven to yourself that you can achieve goals that at some point seem unattainable.
• Stress relief: surfing provides an avenue for you to release your stress. You can momentarily forget your
problems while you’re out there conquering those waves.
When: Tuesday Afternoon
Time: 15:15 – 16:45
Sign Up: https://surfemporium.co.za/peak-academy-learn-2-surf-registration/
Cost: R280 per join-in lesson OR pay for all lessons upfront** and only pay R795 per Month
**Please note: the discounted lesson price is only applicable should full payment be made on or before
your first lesson. Should you decide to pay per lesson instead, then the R280 join-in
lesson fee needs to be settled before the surf lesson commences.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 021 788 8687 should you require more information.