Did someone say party? At Surf Emporium we know the perfect way to share your special occasion with your friends and family. Whether you are turning 5 or 65 a surfing birthday party is a fantastic way to try something new and share in the experience. With years of experience and with the help of our professional team of surf coaches we are ready to take you on the ride to remember!
What is Included in your Party?
Our all inclusive 2.5 hour Surf Birthday Parties include qualified Surf Emporium or Surfing South Africa Level 1 surf Instructor/s for the full duration of your Surf Birthday Party, providing you with a fun and safe environment for all participants. Our lessons include the use of surf school facilities as well as the use of the surfboard and wetsuit for the duration of your lesson. All our surf Birthday Parties have a ratio of 1 Instructor : 5 Participants (ie 20 participants = 4 instructors). All participants will receive a participation certificate at the end of the lesson.
What to expect during your Party?
Your surf birthday party can be tailored to suit your own party requirements. Your lessons will follow our 1.5hr structured ABC (beginner) Lesson to gain the essentials of learning to surf, safety and ocean awareness. Our instructors are here to guide participants and create a fun environment on and off the water.
You can book a Surf Birthday Party for one of our designated event time slots based on availability (11h00 | 12h00 | 13h00 | 14h00)
Birthday Party Breakdown
Example of birthday party time allocation for an 11:00 birthday party.
- 11:00 Arrival for all birthday party guests
- 11:00-11:30 Getting ready for lesson
- 11:30-13:00 Lesson & ABC’s on the beach
- 13:00-13:15 Participants get changed
- 13:15-13:30 Handing out of certificates
- 13:30 Party End
- 13:30-14:00 Snacks and cakes (optional time if you’d like to continue celebrations at the venue)
- 14:00 Party End
Surf Birthday Party Add Ons
Our surf birthday parties have additional offerings should you wish to include:
- additional instructors
- party packs
- birthday cake or cupcakes
- professional photos
- our offering can be tailored to meet your requirements.
What do we need to bring?
- Swimming Costume
- Beach Towel
- Padlock for locker
*Participants are welcome to bring their own wetsuit and/or surfboard if they have their own
** We advise all parents come into store at the start of party to ensure all necessary forms have been signed
- You are most welcome to bring along your own snacks, beverages, and party cake.
- A deposit of R1000 is required to confirm your requested time and date.
- Minimum party participant number is 10.
- All participants need to submit a completed indemnity form prior to the start of the party
- There will be no alcohol permitted on the premises under any circumstance; nor will consuming alcohol on the Surf Emporium balcony be allowed.
- All standard surf school terms and conditions apply