Muizenberg is recognised as one of the top learn to surf destinations in the world. It is also home to the Surf Emporium Surf School, with 20 years of experience, we offer a full range of surf lessons, beginner, intermediate and advanced, to suit your specific needs.
What is Grow Abroad Surf Programme?
You can choose our 3 or 7 Week training course that specialises in improving you surfing skills. With dynamic warm ups and a jam packed programme, you can go as fast or as slow as your skill level allows. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced surfers are all welcome.
What to expect?
This programme is designed to suit your pace and you can choose to learn as quickly or slowly as you like. It has been specially designed for GROW Abroad and is exclusive to GROW Abroad students. Our Programme Skills Assessment is a guideline of information you will be learning through your surfing journey and you will find there will always be something new to learn with each wave you catch!
What is included?
- 3 or 7 x 1.5 hour surf lessons
- 1:5 coach to participant ratio
- Professional surf coaching
- All equipment including surfboard, wetsuit & rash-vest for lesson duration
- Full use of surf school facilities including lockers and warm showers
When is the Surf Programme?
3 | 7 Week Programme
23 July 2022
13 August 2022
3 September 2022
7 Week Programme
24 September 2022
15 October 2022
5 November 2022
19 November 2022
What to bring
- Swimming costume
- Beach Towel
- Padlock for locker
Cost & Payment
The 3 Week surf coaching cycle is R810 per participant. Click here to pay.
The 7 Week surf coaching cycle is R1890 per participant. Click here to pay.
*NB: Full payment to be made on or before the day of your first lesson.
*NB: Every participant requires a completed indemnity form before they will be allowed to surf. Complete form here.
**All participants under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign their indemnity form.
- Lessons are not transferable
- Lessons not redeemed are forfeited
- No lesson rescheduling or postponing allowed
- Participants are responsible for own transportation to and from lessons
- Payment is required prior to first lesson
- All participants need to submit a completed indemnity form before the first lesson
- All standard surf school terms and conditions apply