Join UCT and Surf Emporium for the July FUN DAY and Adaptive Surf Clincs
The UCT Fun Surf Day and Adaptive Clinic will run this weekend.
Date: Saturday 20 July 2019 FUN DAY and Sunday 21 July 2019 Adaptive Surf Clinic (be a volunteer, teaching people with disabilities how to surf)
Time: Both days will be an 11am Arrival for an 11:30am Lesson Start.
Location: Surf Emporium Muizenberg. 66 Beach Road Muizenberg.
What to Bring: Costume, Towel, Sunblock, Padlock.
Dont forget about the UCT COMBO SPECIAL. For only R45 you get a Toasted Quattro Cheese or Bacon/Egg/Cheese Sandwich and Solo Cappachino/Hot Chocolate. On presentation of your UCT Surf Club Card.
UCT Surf Club is a social and sports club at the University of Cape Town that forms a platform to unite all UCT ocean lovers in the act of wave riding.
They offer many exciting opportunities for all their members which include:
- Competitive surfing;
- Adaptive surfing (surfing for people with disabilities);
- Social surfing;
- Learn 2 Surf weekly surf lesson programme (Surf Emporium programme);
- And more!
As a member of the UCT Surf Club, you will receive a Surf Emporium UCT Surf Club membership card available at the UCT sports centre. This card will enable you:
- UCT Fun-Days
- UCT Surf Clinic Days
- UCT discounts on equipment rentals
- UCT discounted Vida e Caffe Muizenberg combos
- UCT Learn 2 Surf Programme
- 10% OFF Roxy & Quiksilver clothing in-store
- 5% OFF surfboards & wetsuits in-store
- Full use of the Surf Emporium facilities including separate male & female change-rooms, lockers & warm showers
UCT Fun Days
100% funded by the University. UCT will pay for all equipment rentals & surf coaches, and Surf Club students will get a FREE surf lesson!
Confirmed UCT Fun Day Dates:
Saturday, 23 February 2019
Saturday, 18 May 2019
Saturday, 20 July 2019
Sunday, 21 July 2019 - Be an adaptive Volunteer
UCT Surf Clinics
Coaches are provided by the University and students will need to rent their equipment to join the lesson at the discounted rental price of only R95 for a surfboard & wetsuit!
Confirmed UCT Surf Clinic Dates: TBC
YOUR SURF EMPORIUM MEMBERSHIP CARD & UCT STUDENT CARD TO BE PRESENTED TO REDEEM ANY OF THE ABOVE BENEFITS
NEW & EXCITING ADDITIONS
We have a GREAT Monthly Learn 2 Surf Programme available for UCT students who would like to learn how to surf or improve their surfing skills! This is a hugely discounted programme and at only R495 per month, it includes lessons at 10:30am every Saturday morning for the month.
- 4 x 1.5 hour surf lessons
- Professional coaching
- 1:5 coach to participant ratio
- All equipment including surfboard, wetsuit & rash-vest
- A structured lesson programme
- Beginner, mid-break intermediate & intermediate programmes available
Surf Emporium Muizenberg is the only officially SSA accredited Adaptive Surf School in South Africa. An Adaptive Surfer is a surfer with a disability, including but not limited to, paralyses, cerebral palsy, blindness, amputations etc. Adaptive Surfing, Surf Emporium as well as the UCT Surf Club aims to show people living with disabilities that surfing is a possibility and to make it a possibility.
The UCT Surf Club Transformation is dedicated to hosting any UCT students with disabilities for a surf lesson at one of the Surf Emporium Adaptive Surf Clinics and encouraging all UCT Surf Club members to become a volunteer and make someone's dream come true!
Please remember to bring along the following to each session:
- Swimming costume
- Beach towel
- Padlock for locker
- Drinking water
- A completed indemnity from
- *Wetsuit & surfboard if you would like to use your own equipment