Private Surf Lessons
Surf Emporium is internationally renowned as South Africa’s most popular Surf destination with a proven track record.
About Private Lessons
All Surf lessons include:
- 1½ hours of surf coaching
- Rental of surfboard and wetsuit
- Use of our spacious club facilities (separate men’s and ladies change rooms, warm showers and lockers)
What to bring: Please bring your swimming costume, towel, sunscreen and dose of enthusiasm!
What to expect during your first surf lesson:
Your lesson will be tailored according to your own surfing skill level. Your coach will teach you the essentials of learning how to surf and equip you with the knowledge of how to ride your first wave. Your coach will also inform you about surfing etiquette, ocean awareness and safety.
Some of what you will learn:
• You will have either your left foot or right foot forward depending on which feels more comfortable – your dominant foot will be your back foot; this is the leg your leash will be attached to.
• You will learn how to paddle alternating strokes and cupping your hands.
• Your coach will ensure you are correctly positioned on your surfboard.
• When getting to your feet, you will learn to keep your hands close to your body, in line with your chest – this will make your jump up quicker allowing you to get a longer ride.
• Once your front foot is in place you will learn how to raise your body keeping your knees bent – your front foot should roughly be half way down your board and your back foot should be above the fin area. Keep your knees bent as they act as your shock absorbers. Make sure your stance is wide enough for extra stability.
• As in most sports, practice makes perfect!
Upgrade and Save: Only R1080 for a 4 Lesson package!
Upgrade and Save: Only R950p/p for a 4 Lesson package!
Upgrade and Save: Only R850p/p for a 4 Lesson package!
Upgrade and Save: Only R750p/p for a 4 Lesson package!
Upgrade and Save: Only R650p/p for a 4 Lesson package!