About the 2018 Sea Harvest WC Interschools Surfing Championships
This year, the SSA Sea Harvest Western Cape Interschools Surfing Championships is presented by Surf Emporium Muizenberg. It will be taking place on Sunday, 04 November 2018, from 8am to 5pm.
NB: ENTRIES CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY, 03 OCTOBER 2018
About the Surf Emporium WC Inter-Schools Surf League
Surf Emporium Muizenberg is very excited to announce the annual Cape District Inter-Schools Surf League. With surfing's inclusion into the 2020 Olympics, we have been working closely with Surfing South Africa (SSA) to promote and uphold The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) standards to increase the number of South African surfers - both socially & competitively. Every year, during Terms 3 and 4, Surf Emporium will host an inter-school's surf tag-team competition every second Friday (see confirmed dates below). There will be 2 divisions: junior & senior, and the winners of each division will be announced at the end of the league; with the official SSA Championships held in November each year.
- Friday, 12 April 2019
- Friday, 26 April 2019
- Friday, 10 May 2019
- Friday, 24 May 2019
- Friday, 07 June 2019
- Friday, 19 July 2019
- Friday, 02 August 2019
- Friday, 16 August 2019
- Friday, 30 August 2019
- Friday, 13 September 2019
- 14h30-15h15: Registration*
- 15h30-16h20: Heat 1
- 16h20-16h30: Break
- 16h30-17h20: Heat 2
- 17h20-17h30: End
*Registration at Surf Emporium Muizenberg
- Registration will take place at Surf Emporium Muizenberg from 14h30 on competition days.
- A complete list of surfers, in the correct order, needs to be given to the Contest Director by the latest 15h15 the day of the competition. This order may not change thereafter.
- Teams are to consist of a minimum and maximum of 5 participants.
- Prizes: trophy for winning team as well as medals for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place