About the 2018 WC Inter-Schools Surf League
Surf Emporium Muizenberg is very excited to announce the 2018 Cape District Inter-Schools Surf League. With surfing's inclusion into the 2020 Olympics, we have been working closely with Surfing South Africa (SSA) as well as the International Surfing Association (ISA) to promote and uphold The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) standards to increase the number of South African surfers - both socially & competitively.
Upcoming Surf Competition
Friday, 20 July 2018. Registration from 14h30.
Everything you need to know:
Term 2 Confirmed League Dates
- Thursday, 26 April - #1 @ 16h00
- Friday, 11 May - #2 @ 15h30
- Friday, 25 May - #3 @ 15h30
- *Friday, 08 June - #4 @ 15h30
*Going ahead as per normal
Term 3 Confirmed League Dates
- Friday, 20 July - #5 @ 15h30
- Friday, 03 August - #6 @ 15h30
- Friday, 17 August - #7 @ 15h30
- Friday, 31 August - #8 @ 15h30
- Friday, 14 September - #9 @ 15h30
- Registration will take place at Surf Emporium Muizenberg from 14h30 on competition days.
- A complete list of surfers, in the correct order, needs to be given to the Contest Director by the latest 15h15 the day of the competition. This order may not change thereafter.
- Teams are to consist of a minimum and maximum of 5 participants.
Order of Events
- 14h30-15h15: Registration*
- 15h30-16h20: Heat 1 (Seniors)
- 16h20-16h30: Break
- 16h30-17h20: Heat 2 (Juniors)
- 17h20-17h30: Break
- 17h30-18h20: Heat 3 (TBC)
*Meet at Surf Emporium Muizenberg for registration
- Reddam Prep
- Sun Valley
- Capricorn Primary - Projects Abroad
- Capricorn Primary - Surf Outreach
- Reddam College
- Fish Hoek
- Cedar House
- Camps Bay High School
Not yet entered?
- Please download the entry form here and SSA tag-team rules here
- Kindly complete the entry form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 021 788 8687 or email email@example.com for more information
- Schools are encouraged to bring along their gazebos, feather banners and/or any other team merchandise.