WC Inter-Schools Surf League
Surf Emporium Muizenberg is very excited to announce the annual Cape District Inter-Schools Surf League. With surfing's inclusion into the Olympics, we have been working closely with Surfing South Africa (SSA) to promote and uphold The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) standards to increase the number of South African surfers - both socially & competitively. Every year, during Terms 2 and 3, Surf Emporium will host an inter-school's surf tag-team competition every second Friday (see confirmed dates below). There will be 2 divisions: junior & senior, and the winners of each division will be announced at the end of the league; with the official SSA Sea Harvest Inter-Schools Championships wrapping up the league each year.
About Surf League
- 1: 14 April 2023
- 2: 28 April 2023
- 3: 12 May 2023
- 4: 26 May 2023
- 5: 9 June 2023
- 6: 21 July 2023
- 7: 4 August 2023
- 8: 18 August 2023
- 9: 1 September 2023
- 10: 15 September 2023
15h30-16h20: Heat 1 (50 Minutes)
16h30 - 17h20: Heat 2 (50 Minutes)
*Registration at Surf Emporium Muizenberg
- Registration will take place at Surf Emporium Muizenberg from 14h30 on competition days.
- A complete list of surfers, in the correct order, needs to be given to the Contest Director by the latest 15h15 the day of the competition. This order may not change thereafter.
- Teams are to consist of a minimum and maximum of 5 participants.
- Prizes: trophy for winning team as well as medals for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
- Surfer competes out of turn
- Surfer leaves the area before the siren or during the heat without permission from the Contest Director
- Surfer tags outside of the area and/or tagging surfer does not make physical contact with next surfer
- Surfer removes his official contest vest during event
- Non completion of required number of scoring waves within time
- Surfer catches more than official wave limit: 5-point penalty for each extra wave
- Team surfer substitutes for another team member & surfs twice: TEAM DISQUALIFICATION
- Surf Emporium is one of the few schools in Cape Town officially accredited to Surfing South Africa which is affiliated with the International Surfing Association
- Our Surf School is compliant with the international Health and Safety regulations and we also have all the associated insurance & liability cover required
- Surf Emporium is a blue & white stripe building on Muizenberg Beach Front/Surfers Corner
- Surf Emporium is the home-base of the inter-schools surf league and the competition will always take place in Surfers Corner, irrespective of conditions
- To get directions, please click here
Inter Schools Leaderboard